Thursday, June 10, 2010

Exploding Dog

Exploding Dog is a website that has me completely obsessed. A guy named Sam Brown runs it, and how it works is people e-mail him short phrases and he creates an illustration for the phrases he picks. I have posted some of the pictures already, and I can guarantee that I'll be posting more. Most of the pictures he makes have stick-figure people in them. I know what you're thinking, "Stick figures? Really?", and my answer is yes, really. The drawings are amazingly creative and thoughtful. Usually there are a couple new drawings every few days, which makes for a lot of pictures considering he's been at it for TEN YEARS. I've spent many, many hours perusing through the nearly endless supply of them. The drawings all have a common theme, but a lot of the time his pictures take on a different meaning of the phrase that he gets.

To find out more, check out this interview that Sam Brown did, or head over to the exploding dog website (over in the "sites you should visit" section). Below are a few of my favorites.

                         
                                                             "And I am awesome"

                            
"this is so great I had to share it with you"   

     
                                                             "How come I end up where I begun?"

                
 "good morning, again"

No comments: